I’m pleased to be able to report that after more than 36 hours adrift in the sea off southern Taiwan all eight of the divers have been rescued and are alive and well, albeit very thirsty and frightened by their horrific ordeal. One of the divers who had been separated from the group was able to raise the alarm after he swam ashore on a remote island where he found a fisherman. They were able to raise the alarm and give the search and rescue teams a more precise location of the whereabouts of the other divers. The divers had drifted in the strong currents for more than 30 miles from where they had started their dive and were eventually picked up by a search and rescue helicopter. For those in the water it was third time lucky as they had previously seen two other helicopters before being finally spotted and winched aboard the helicopter at 2.30 a.m. – exhausted and thirsty but alive.
Leave a Reply
- The Icarus Trophy – yet another brilliant idea from The Adventurists 2017 | 17 January
- Changing Course 2017 | 7 January
- Dismal snow so far so can we take inspiration from Ueli Steck? 2017 | 4 January
- The Adventurists go from strength to strength 2017 | 3 January
- NorthFace Weirdo or Visionary? 2016 | 20 December
- Fear or Free? 2016 | 26 October
- Paul’s Boots 2016 | 18 October
- The North Face Fleeting Portraits 2016 | 19 September
- The best 20 bungee jumps in the world 2009 | 9 February
- A solemn warning to Wingsuit flyers 2010 | 28 April
- The World’s Toughest and Most Challenging Mountains to Climb – the Himalayas 2008 | 19 August
- The North Face of the Eiger, Switzerland 2011 | 4 April
- Via Ferrata in the USA 2010 | 15 September
- A Freediving record attempt by William Trubridge 2012 | 6 June
- The world’s coldest mountain 2009 | 3 December
- World record for bungee jumping 2008 | 19 August
- mary: Where can I buy one of these beach sailors...
- Zachary Genikos: I agree scooters are AWESOME...
- Denver Ker: scooters are awesome...
- Evan: Cool video. I\'ve lived in the area, just outside ...
- Peter Marker: snow competition used to take place round the year...
- Qayaq Alaska: In your chronology...1989...the British team did n...
- Extreme sports, workouts becoming more popular – WJXT Jacksonville | Mass Muscle Maker: […] participation in sports like baseball an...
- Michael Ellis: This list is very poorly done. What about Fitz Roy...
AdventureCORPS Alaska Argentina Australia Austria Bahamas Brazil California Canada Chile China Colorado Deans Blue Hole France Gary Hunt Hawaii Herbert Nitsch Italy Japan Jeb Corliss London2London via the world Mongolia Mount Everest Nepal New York New Zealand Norway Peru Portugal RacingThePlanet Red Bull Russia Sarah Outen Scotland Shaun White South Africa Spain Switzerland The Adventurists The Gobi March UK USA Utah William Trubridge Zimbabwe