A 28 year old British snowboarder is to test a new type of prosthetic limb in the Colorado National Championships for disabled athletes at Copper Mountain ski resort later this month. The state of the art limb was developed by a New Zealand based company, Lab Industries Ltd, and is made of a unique carbon fibre compound and designed with shock absorbers in order that the user can absorb the extreme heavy landings involved in snowboarding. Early tests indoors have returned positive reviews which is encouraging as such developments open the door for many other potential users with this type of handicap.
Leave a Reply
- Fear or Free? 2016 | 26 October
- Paul’s Boots 2016 | 18 October
- The North Face Fleeting Portraits 2016 | 19 September
- THE CONTENDERS 2016 | 12 July
- North Face #MaxYourDays 2016 | 23 June
- Could These be the Best Bluetooth Headphones for Running? 2016 | 15 June
- FURTHER | Run Across Haiti 2016 | 7 June
- Paul Stiffler “Trail Angel” 2016 | 12 February
- The best 20 bungee jumps in the world 2009 | 9 February
- A solemn warning to Wingsuit flyers 2010 | 28 April
- The World’s Toughest and Most Challenging Mountains to Climb – the Himalayas 2008 | 19 August
- The North Face of the Eiger, Switzerland 2011 | 4 April
- Via Ferrata in the USA 2010 | 15 September
- A Freediving record attempt by William Trubridge 2012 | 6 June
- The world’s coldest mountain 2009 | 3 December
- World record for bungee jumping 2008 | 19 August
- mary: Where can I buy one of these beach sailors...
- Zachary Genikos: I agree scooters are AWESOME...
- Denver Ker: scooters are awesome...
- Evan: Cool video. I\'ve lived in the area, just outside ...
- Peter Marker: snow competition used to take place round the year...
- Qayaq Alaska: In your chronology...1989...the British team did n...
- Extreme sports, workouts becoming more popular – WJXT Jacksonville | Mass Muscle Maker: […] participation in sports like baseball an...
- Michael Ellis: This list is very poorly done. What about Fitz Roy...
AdventureCORPS Alaska Argentina Australia Austria Bahamas Brazil California Canada Chile China Colorado Deans Blue Hole France Gary Hunt Hawaii Herbert Nitsch Italy Japan Jeb Corliss London2London via the world Mongolia Mount Everest Nepal New York New Zealand Norway Peru Portugal RacingThePlanet Red Bull Russia Sarah Outen Scotland Shaun White South Africa Spain Switzerland The Adventurists The Gobi March UK USA Utah William Trubridge Zimbabwe