If you’re really into an adrenaline challenge and find rock climbing not extreme enough you can always take time out when arriving at the top of Stanage Gap to do a bit of slacklining. Extreme sport indeed. Remember I did an article on Dean Potter doing just this but across the Grand Canyon with no protective back-up apart from a small parachute if things went wrong! Thanks to northtrials for this video of slacklining (some call it baselining) at Stanage Gap in the Peak District.
Leave a Reply
- The North Face Fleeting Portraits 2016 | 19 September
- THE CONTENDERS 2016 | 12 July
- North Face #MaxYourDays 2016 | 23 June
- Could These be the Best Bluetooth Headphones for Running? 2016 | 15 June
- FURTHER | Run Across Haiti 2016 | 7 June
- Paul Stiffler “Trail Angel” 2016 | 12 February
- RIP Dean Potter 2015 | 19 May
- Extreme Backyarding: Florida’s World Champion Wakeskater 2014 | 21 November
- The best 20 bungee jumps in the world 2009 | 9 February
- A solemn warning to Wingsuit flyers 2010 | 28 April
- The World’s Toughest and Most Challenging Mountains to Climb – the Himalayas 2008 | 19 August
- The North Face of the Eiger, Switzerland 2011 | 4 April
- Via Ferrata in the USA 2010 | 15 September
- A Freediving record attempt by William Trubridge 2012 | 6 June
- The world’s coldest mountain 2009 | 3 December
- World record for bungee jumping 2008 | 19 August
- mary: Where can I buy one of these beach sailors...
- Zachary Genikos: I agree scooters are AWESOME...
- Denver Ker: scooters are awesome...
- Evan: Cool video. I\'ve lived in the area, just outside ...
- Peter Marker: snow competition used to take place round the year...
- Qayaq Alaska: In your chronology...1989...the British team did n...
- Extreme sports, workouts becoming more popular – WJXT Jacksonville | Mass Muscle Maker: […] participation in sports like baseball an...
- Michael Ellis: This list is very poorly done. What about Fitz Roy...
AdventureCORPS Alaska Argentina Australia Austria Bahamas Brazil California Canada Chile China Colorado Deans Blue Hole France Gary Hunt Hawaii Herbert Nitsch Italy Japan Jeb Corliss London2London via the world Mongolia Mount Everest Nepal New York New Zealand Norway Peru Portugal RacingThePlanet Red Bull Russia Sarah Outen Scotland Shaun White South Africa Spain Switzerland The Adventurists The Gobi March UK USA Utah William Trubridge Zimbabwe